ERRFU board meeting
• Six Nations tournament; who will be televise it, how can clubs get together and watch? Land development project.
• Kronkie sports complex. How can we get in on it? Fundraising efforts will help. We need for fields for ERRFU, local to CYR to Eagle matches.
• KUDU is also working on a Glendale multi park plan
• Queen City would like to create a women’s senior side.
• Team request. Need coaches from D II men’s clubs & I. Might lose 2 clubs, loosing coaches.
• Concern, kids down south program have shifted north. Do we need 2 programs in the Springs?
• Clinic next month, details on the website (ERRFU) Need as many coaches as possible to attend.
• Need committee member help. More money needs to go to more members. Players going to the next level need help. Matching money to elite players from the West. Creating a new grant program. Should there be a fixed amount, should it be need based.
• Looks better. Has been updated. Pictures of committee members? Email list needs to be updated create a way to contact members (board positions) even after they leave. Ex: ERRFU_president.errfu.org
• The message board is not being utilized.
• Match results link. A must have. Can we copy what the West has? The Refs fills out a report, and each club fill outs a report. Bill Sexton, president of the west, also in charge of the site, is in charge of the West match report. Amy will get Matt that.
• Ad a Tournaments link
• Disciple procedures made easier for clubs to understand. What to do when players get sent off (example)
• Who are on the committee, clubs don't have access to who is in that group. Appointed members.
• Right to Appeal program. Could we send the clubs the procedure on deadlines, processes, and important information? Create a monthly ERRFU one page newsletter, that is sent to all clubs and on the website. What are the ref responsibilities?
• Can we sell ad space on the website. Charge $100 a year or what ever. What are the possibilities?
Spring season update
• Spring schedule. Refs don't have it, and they need to schedule their assignments. The entire schedule is not complete.
• Problem in April 1,2,3 CYR games, Barbos are playing Golden Gate, UNC needs refs in Greeley (all refs will be in Greeley)
• Options: Ref society cannot pay to bring in refs. Clubs would have to be responsible.
• Need a decision maker to talk to. Collective scheduling for the Union; how can we get priority. How can we get over on lacrosse? One club member should participate in a committee.
• Take Paul Hoskin Sr. when you go to the meeting.
DI Men's Update
• The west dropped some clubs last year. Some clubs may not be able to advance because not enough games played. A vote will take place in LA.
DII Men's west proposal
• What are our options, what do we want to do.
Next meeting March 1, 2005, first Tuesday of every month 7:30 pm